Built originally as the Marine Star (C4-S-B5) for the United State Maritime Commission in 1945 by Sun Shipbuilding She was converted to a passenger vessel and renamed Aquarama in 1955. She has been idle since 1962 and was removed from registry as "Out of Documentation" in 1978. She was given her present name in 1995 and arrived in Buffalo on August 3, 1995.
Return to the Steamship William G Mather Museum Homepage
This page maintained byRobert M. Martel,